Previously a separate city but now part of the ever-expanding sprawl of Medellin, Envigado is a great neighbourhood for families.
Enjoy suburban living while still being within easy reach of Medellin’s major sightseeing hotspots, and sleep well in a peaceful and relatively safe part of the city that has everything you need to be comfortable and happy.
With a more rural vibe than other areas of Medellin, a range of outdoor adventures can be found right on the doorstep.
Top Things to Do in Envigado
– See the charming colonial-style Envigado Church.
– Take children to Parque Recreativo.
– Visit the museum of Otraparte, the previous home of a famous philosopher that now contains many cultural treasures.
– Browse and buy at City Plaza shopping centre.
– Hunt for souvenirs in the cute shops near Parque Envigado.
– Have a fun night out at La Tienda, a place for eating, drinking, and dancing.
– Check out the bars and clubs of La Bota del Dia.
– Spend a day hiking in La Romera.
– Wander around and snap pictures of the many shrines to saints.
– Go nature spotting, bird watching, and hiking at Parque Salado.
Best Hostel in Envigado: Ivy Hostel
Although not actually in Envigado (there aren’t any hostels in this neighbourhood), it is one of the closest hostels to the area, while also being within easy reach of the popular El Poblado.
A sociable hostel, it has a kitchen and BBQ, an onsite café/bar, a TV room, and other spaces to chill and mingle. Wi-Fi and breakfast are free.
Best Hotel in Envigado: Arame Hotel
A four-star hotel with rooms suitable for families, and all rooms at Arame Hotel have a private bathroom, cable TV, free Wi-Fi, a fridge, and ample storage space. There are elevators in the building, and breakfast is included and free parking is available.